Having access to water in our homes is something we often take for granted, but there are lots of equipment and work that goes into transporting fresh water into a building. Depending on where your home is located and how it’s built, there are several different ways that water could be being stored and transported.
One such method is a submersible well pump that moves water from an underground well into your home. In this article, we’ll be giving you some recommendations for some good pumps available online, and provide a buyer’s guide for picking out the best one.
Hallmark Industries MA0414X-7 Deep Well Submersible Pump, 1 HP Review
● A built-in starter box, allowing you to avoid the need for external wiring
● High-Quality UL Approved Motor
● High-efficiency motor designed to prevent overheating and use less energy
● 33 Gallon Per Minute Capacity, which is very impressive specifications that will exceed most expectations.
● A complete pump with installation manual and tape kit included making set up a breeze.
This is one of the top pumps available online, and it’s a pretty economical buy. The fact that it’s a complete kit that has high GPM with great customer reviews makes this a safe bet that will start pumping the same day you buy it.
Happybuy 1.5HP 4”Deep Well Pump Review
● 26 Gallons Per Minute
● Stainless steel construction is great for durability
● High-efficiency motor for less heat and lower bills
● A 4 wire setup with all wires contained inside the control box
The extra impellers in the Happybuy 1.5HP 4” Deep Well Pump are a great bonus. A few downsides of this model is that it’s slightly more expensive than the previous model we discussed, and there are fewer customer reviews.
Red Lion RL12G05-2W2V 1/2-HP Review
● Functions up to depths of 250 feet, making it a good choice even for deeper wells.
● Pumps up to 12 gallons per minute
● Built in check valve and suction screen
This is one of the pricier models on our list, and the reviews, while good, are not quite as good as the previous two models we’ve discussed. That said, it’s a reliable model that will likely satisfy most buyers.
OrangeA Deep Well Submersible Pump 1/2 HP Review
● Very affordable at less than $100
● Options for horizontal or vertical mounting
● Usable in wells up to 125 feet
The OrangeA pump has a decent GPM, but it’s lower than the top models of our list. Keeping that in mind, it will do just fine for smaller homes with shallower wells, and it’s the least expensive model on our list making it a great budget buy.
Buying Guide – How to find the best submersible well pump for your needs.
We gave you some great options for purchasing a submersible well pump, and now we’ll give you a short list of a couple of things to look out for if you’d like to do your own research.
Gallons Per Minute
This is the biggest thing to keep in mind when looking for the best submersible well pump. If the pump you choose doesn’t have the capacity to keep up with your home’s demands, you’re in for a load of trouble.
Generally, you need 8-12 GPM for a 3-4 bedroom home. To determine your GPM needs, it’s suggested to add one GPM for every water fixture in your home. Add these up to determine which pump will suit your needs.
Go for Trusted Brands and Good Reviews
We’ve collected a list of some of the best submersible pumps out there, but just like with any product, going for well-known brands with good reviews is your best bet. Now that a whole host of information is available online, there’s no excuse for going in blind.
Choose a quality pump and do your research. Make sure you have a plan for installation, too!
We hope this collection of reviews and the buyer’s guide gave you a little more insight into what makes a good submersible well pump. When it comes time to replace the pump in your well, we hope you keep these guidelines and reviews in mind so you can make an educated purchase tailored to your situation.