A Coffee canister is typically an airtight cylindrical storage container made of thin metal or thin plastic used for holding coffee. A coffee canister is designed to keep the flavor of the coffee inside the container and also prevent air from entering into the coffee.
A canister plays the role of blocking light from entering the container to prevent damage. It features a filter that vents carbon dioxide thereby keeping your coffee fresh for a very long time. In the modern world, coffee canisters are not only designed with functionality in mind but also aesthetic appeal.
Canisters are made in stylish designs to add a touch of sophistication to your kitchen. You can choose from glass, metals, ceramic or even plastic.
This brief overview looks into features of some of the top brands, their functionality as well as factors to consider in buying a coffee canister.
Friis 16-Ounce Coffee Vault Reviewwed
• It is made of high-quality stainless steel, maximizing durability and enhancing the functionality of the container.
• It is designed to vent CO2 preventing it from damaging your coffee. This ensures you will enjoy the full, rich flavor of your coffee for a very long time.
• It features a modern, distinctive contemporary design that adds style to your kitchen.
• It can hold a large capacity of about 16 ounces.
• The canister comes with a lid that keeps your coffee air free, enriching the flavor of your coffee.
• It comes with a measuring spoon as well as a full year supply of Friis Freshness Valves.
Coffeevac 1 lb Coffee Container Reviewed
• It features a patented system that creates a partial vacuum seal ensuring your coffee remains fresher for longer.
• The container is highly versatile, and can be used to store other products such as sugar and salt. It allows your ingredients to breathe while also keeping carbon dioxide out without necessarily letting oxygen inside.
• The canister is NSF tested and certified. It is also FDA Approved as Food Grade airtight, recyclable and moisture free hence you can be sure of its safety.
Coffee Gator Large Coffee Canister Reviewed
• It is made of premium quality stainless steel that entirely prevents smells from escaping by keeping air from your coffee.
• It vents all carbon dioxide from getting into the container. Carbon dioxide is known to destroy coffee hence keeping it from the coffee ensures its longevity. The canister has only one valve that ensures CO2 leaves but does not enter.
• It features a handy wheel placed on the lid that tracks the expiration of your coffee ensuring you always serve fresh coffee.
BlinkOne Airtight Coffee Canister Reviewed
• It can comfortably hold up to 18 ounces of ground coffee.
• The magnetic device keeps your coffee scoop inside the container.
• The unique BPA-free silicone airtight seal technology keeps coffee fresh and tasty by preventing aromas from escaping.
• It features an airtight silicone seal that is highly effective in preserving the freshness of coffee for a very long time.
• The canister also features a robust construction that completely blocks light and air from entering the container, thereby maximizing its durability.
• It is versatile and can be used to store coffee, sugar, salt or spices.
• It features an elegantly compact design that economizes on space and adds style to your kitchen.
• Free eBook & scoop worth $7.97
Coffee Canister Buying Guide
Keeping your coffee beans fresh is vital to enjoying a delicious cup of coffee every morning. So what should you look for when trying to find the best coffee canister?
• Airtight seal – One important factor that keeps coffee fresh and delicious in flavor is an airtight seal.
• Freshness Vault – A freshness vault vents out carbon dioxide which is known to damage coffee beans and destroy their character. Most canisters are sold with additional valves.
• Material – Canisters are made of ceramic, metal, plastic or glass. Plastic canisters are inexpensive but not very durable. Glass canisters are modern and appealing but break easily.
Ceramic canisters have a vintage feel. Metal canisters have maximum durability and a modern feel. Plastic, stainless steel and porcelain canisters are known to retain taste and odor of the coffee. Ceramic and glass canisters are incredibly easy to wash and they will not keep the flavor contained coffee.
• Capacity – Consider the amount of coffee the canister can hold and compare it with the number of people who will be using the coffee daily.
• Style – A well-designed canister will enhance the decor of your kitchen. An attractive container flaunts your sense of style and looks great on your counter top.